While many things are changing during these uncertain times, one thing remains constant—Consigli’s number one priority is and always will be the health, safety and well-being of our employees, our project partners, and their families.
To spearhead our planning and response efforts, we have established an internal COVID-19 Response Team tasked with monitoring state requirements and guidelines, information sharing, implementing protocols, reducing exposure to the virus, and supporting our teams and operations.
Below, we’ve summarized how we’re communicating with our team members, following guidelines to keep our job sites safe, and keeping our clients informed with key information.
Keeping Our People Informed: News, guidelines, and recommendations regarding the COVID-19 crisis are ever-evolving. We are keeping our teams informed and empowering them with the most accurate and up-to-date information possible by keeping communications clear and news at their fingertips:
- COVID-19 Hub – Teams have access to an internal SharePoint site that houses the latest state and CDC guidelines, Site-specific Safety Plans, signage and other relevant information to ensure projects are safe and our clients and project partners are informed.
- Virtual Meetings – Our people continue to work remotely and practice social distancing, limiting in-person meetings and using remote conferencing technology with project teams, clients, and partners.
- Staying Connected – Leadership meets virtually with regional office leads and department heads to share the most up-to-date industry and company information. Regular communication is sent to our employees, clients and project partners to keep our people connected and informed.
Keeping Our Jobsites Safe & Secure: We are following guidelines set by the CDC and the governor’s offices in each of our regions to ensure the safety of our teams on the job. This includes Site-specific Safety Plans, site coverage/staffing redundancy plans, and additional guidance for Consigli project teams to help make every decision along the way. Highlights of our Site-specific Safety Plans include:
- Daily self-certification protocol
- Daily temperature screening
- Daily safety stand-down
- Site-specific COVID-19 Daily Compliance Report
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting
- Hot water hand washing stations
- Hygiene & prevention signage
- Staggered start times and breaks as needed
- Follow 6’ separation rule
- Mandatory reporting protocols for any worker experiencing symptoms
Insights & Information: With news media overload, it can be a challenge to know what information is relevant to our industry and issues that pertain to our projects. Our leadership team is a part of industry groups that share information and collaborate on best practices and protocols needed for the construction industry and government guidelines. In addition, we are working to provide useful insight to our clients and partners that will help keep everyone better positioned when we emerge from this crisis.
- Material supply chain updates
- Cost insights
- Building system recommendations for post-COVID-19