S.A.F.E. — Staying Accident-Free, Every day
Ensuring our teams return home from work safely each day—healthy, whole and uninjured—is our S.A.F.E. program’s objective. At Consigli, “S.A.F.E.” literally means “Staying Accident-Free, Every day.”
Our vision of construction site safety is represented by a single-word—ZERO! For us, “ZERO” reflects our position that no accident is acceptable, and each accident is preventable.
With the S.A.F.E. philosophy driving our vision of “ZERO,” we are leading the way to the safest jobsites in the construction industry.
The core features of S.A.F.E. include:
- Safety Leadership: A company’s safety culture is as strong as it is deep—at Consigli, the implementation of our S.A.F.E. program begins with the commitment of our senior management team to safety and the empowerment of each project team member to place a site’s safety environment above all else.
- Jobsite Gym: Our daily safety stretch program. These morning warm-up routines, hosted at each job site, help eliminate musculoskeletal injuries.
- Subcontractor Integration into Safety Culture: Integrating the subcontractor workforce into the Consigli safety culture, through project-specific incentive programs and customized, 10-hour training programs, assists in mitigating subcontractor risk.
- “Nothing Hits the Ground”: This policy is an important feature of Lean construction management, among many, that Consigli has embraced. It requires all construction materials, when delivered to the site, to be on racks, pallets, or wheels, allowing for easy mobility.
- Quarterly Company-wide Safety Meetings: These regular interactive, company-wide meetings, have been implemented to review our on-going injury prevention programming to make our daily goal of zero injuries, a daily reality.
- Technology for Jobsite Safety: Using Predictive Solutions, our safety auditing mechanism, allows us to anticipate, and avoid, jobsite incidents, by identifying and analyzing leading indicator data.
- Humanized Safety Communications: Company-wide outreach through our family-focused construction site signage campaign, establishes and promotes the consistent safety message, “Protect the ones you love by protecting yourself. Think Safe.”