MILFORD, MA – Bentley University in Waltham celebrated the renovation and reopening of Jennison Hall, the oldest classroom space on campus, in time for the Spring 2017 semester.
The new renovation transformed the dark and tired classroom building into a dynamic new learning environment with state-of-the-art technology and physical layouts that meet the teaching and learning requirements of a leading 21st-century business university. The redesigned corridors feature new ceilings, energy efficient lighting and extensive interior windows to provide transparency and increased daylight.
The renovations focused on refurbishing the traditional classroom spaces and included:
- Three new, high-tech, multi-disciplinary science instructional labs for chemistry, physics, biology, and Earth and environmental sciences, providing a more collaborative and flexible teaching environment;
- New “collaboratories” provide team-based flexible learning environments to supplement the more traditional “wet” instructional labs;
- Dedicated laboratory space for research and instrumentation for students and faculty to pursue science investigations that will complement classroom work;
- A Department of Natural and Applied Sciences administrative suite and faculty offices; and
- Collaborative space for the Center for Integration of Science and Industry faculty, research fellows, student researchers, and Executives in Residence.