- Restoration of a 1910 Tudor Revival manor house listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- Two-phased exterior façade renovations, interior improvements and roof replacement to support structural integrity
- All work is being managed while the Ambassador’s Residence remains occupied, with façade restorations just outside of guest rooms
The French Ambassador’s Residence, the largest single-family home in the Kalorama neighborhood of Washington, DC, is a 1910 building originally designed by Jules Henri de Sibour. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the home was purchased by the French government in 1936 and served as the French embassy until 1985 when it became the Ambassador’s residence.
Weathered over the years, the Ambassador’s Residence required upgrades to maintain it’s historic integrity. Phase 1 emergency façade restorations are complete, which has prepared the site for the remaining exterior façade renovations and roof replacement in Phase 2. The interior scope of work includes protection of finishes and the cutting and patching required to allow access for exterior repairs. The project requires a comprehensive repair and restoration of the historic building envelope including new roofing, repairs and replacements of decorative metals, masonry, stonework, windows and doors.