- Removal and re-skinning of the existing building façade, including the installation of new windows and curtain wall
- Conducting invasive renovations in close proximity to the Swiss Ambassador’s residence and grounds
- Integration of a new elevator in a historic building
The Chancery Office Building was originally designed by Swiss-American Architect William Lescaze and was completed in 1959, introducing modernist style design to the Washington, DC area. Renovations encompassing 31,766 sq. ft. of the Chancery Office Building will include the removal and replacement of the existing façade, improvements to main entrances and pedestrian pathways and the installation of new windows and curtain wall. Interior scope will require lead paint and asbestos testing and abatement, installation of new M/E/P/FP systems and an elevator, along with bathroom renovations. All work will be managed around the active Swiss Embassy and Ambassador’s residence, requiring stringent security protocols and planning, detailed logistics and phasing and constant communication with the client team.