- Renovation of studio art spaces, including a small music recital space
- New addition, totaling 12,000 sq. ft. constructed on the northwestern side of the building
- Partial renovation of over 8,000 sq. ft. of the Jewett Arts Center including upgrades to the gallery, painting studio, storage space and photo lab
Pendleton Hall, a five-story collegiate Gothic-style building, features masonry walls and a shingled roof over a steel and wood frame. Originally designed as a physics and chemistry building by architect Charles Klauder and built in 1934, the building is located on the northern side of the Academic Quad and is comprised of two distinct wings—East and West. Renovations to Pendleton Hall West responded to the programming requirements of the art and music departments, including a complete overhaul of the existing space.
The Jewett Arts Center is an adjacent building that houses the Art and Music Departments and was also renovated as part of the project. A comprehensive renovation was completed for the studio art program, including upgrades to the existing music recital space. New M/E/P and life safety systems were installed, as well as a new four-stop elevator. The addition created 8,000 sq. ft. for the studio arts program, as well as 4,000 sq. ft. for an instrumental rehearsal space, totaling 12,000 sq. ft. of new construction.
The project was built to a minimum of LEED Silver certification.